Tuesday, June 30, 2009

How do you buy "My First Vibrator"
when it's not for you?


The SaSi, exclusively at Babeland

Dear Go-To Girl,

My sister has never used a vibrator---can you believe that??? She will not insert anything so I think she just needs something to stimulate her clitoris. But nothing wimpy----- I want it to be mind blowing!!! Thanks for your help!!!

Jackie

Dear Jackie,

What a great sister you are! I love my siblings but I don't think even I would ever buy any of them sex toys--I think they would probably disown me.

For clitoral stimulation, you have a couple of options. The most basic and inexpensive is a bullet-style vibrator, which is held in the hand. The Bnaughty is small and has a "velvet" plastic texture, which means it will provide some friction against the skin of the vulva and clitoris, which is key. Bnaughty features multiple speeds and isn't too loud, which is an important feature for women trying out their first vibe who might be nervous about kids or housemates hearing their toy.


The heavy artillery comes in the form of the Hitachi Magic Wand, which will reliably take most women from zero to orgasm in about 60 seconds. The Hitachi is legendary--Samantha famously burned through one on "Sex and the City"--but it's neither delicate in its touch nor low in decibel level. But the Magic Wand has a very loyal user base because it always does the trick. It also plugs into the wall so your sister will never need to buy batteries.

For the clit-stim connoisseur, the Nea by Lelo is a small, handheld vibrator that is rechargeable. It has a slight curve which makes it easy to be in contact with the clit without making your hand too tired. Made out of hard plastic, this toy will glide over your girl parts with ease. Small enough to be used during sex with a partner, too.
Another idea, though it's not technically a vibrator, is the super-luxe SaSi from Babeland. I don't normally recommend toys I haven't tried myself, but this one seems so cool that I don't want to leave it out. The SaSi has small beads inside that are meant to replicate the feeling of a tongue on your clit. Sounds good to me.

Here's a video explaining how it works:


Good luck! And if you order through any of the links in this post, Babeland gives me 20% of the purchase price for sending business their way.

Love,
Go-To Girl

3 comments:

Amasea said...

Don't forget about your basic SlimLine...though the shape can be a little offputting if you're avoiding insertion.
My first vibe didn't look like one at all -- I think it was actually a legit personal massager, not a "personal massager". I burned that one, out so I don't have it anymore, but maybe something like the Tuyo? It has multiple settings, which is good as you're learning your body.
I'd DEFINITELY recommend something with variable speeds, either distinct speeds you switch between or a "dimmer switch" style. Everyone seems to like a different level of vibration, so if you buy one with just one level, it might not be your sister's trigger point.

Amasea said...

in case there was confusion -- burned as in "burned out" (used a LOT), not threw it in a fire :)

Go-To Girl said...

the Slim Line http://store.babeland.com/vibrators-slimline/slimline?kbid=1416 is totally the original My First Vibrator, but it's really best, IMO, for insertion. Mine, heartbreakingly, burned out after like a week.