Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Wake Me Up When It's All Over

Sorry that I can't muster up much today--I'm totally freaking out about the election and am going to turn my brain off until tomorrow. At which point I'll either rejoice or begin making plans to move to France. Oui!

My good pal Mark Regnerus, sociologist extraordinaire at the University of Texas at Austin, is prominently featured in an article in this week's New Yorker entitled "Red Sex, Blue Sex."

Basically, more red-state, evangelical teenagers have sex earlier (we call it "debut") and get pregnant and then get married, because there isn't much else in their future. No surprise there. And then those marriages are more likely to end in divorce relative to blue staters. But here's the question no one can answer: who is actually having better sex?

Go read it. It'll twist your mind up.

No comments: