Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Introductory remarks

Hello, Friends. I'm caving to peer pressure and starting a blog and a MySpace page. My Simplicity Place is all aflutter, but I feel the need to provide some unified place where friends and associates can come to a) ask sexual health questions; b) ask theological questions, particularly of the Quaker variety; c) ask questions about destination weddings and honeymoon planning (really, I'm an expert); and d) find out what I'm reading (and writing), and what I think you should be reading.

Here are a few things to get you started:

American Sexuality magazine, www.americansexuality.org
--I will have an article up about how Glamour magazine inaccurately portrays condom efficacy and the relationship between their condom coverage and the large amount of birth control pill advertising in the mag. But AmSex is good all around.

Sex Herald, www.sexherald.com
--I write for them too. Here's an article I wrote on sex toy safety:
http://www.sexherald.com/healthy-sex/playing_it_safe_with_sex_toys.html

Here's my interview with anal sex expert Tristan Taormino:
http://www.sexherald.com/sex-and-health/index.php?section=21&item=5

Go Ask Alice!, www.goaskalice.com
--I used to write for this website but in spite of my absence it continues to be the best sexual health Q & A site out there.

Brides Magazine, www.brides.com
--Yes, I wrote for Brides.

No comments: