Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Spring Break, part 2 y'all!


Last night was GTG's first ever VIP experience. And not only was I in the VIP section, I was actually The VIP since Trojan was the exclusive sponsor of last night's show. Which meant that everyone was kissing my ass (a very strange experience!) and buying me drinks and showing me all the kids wearing the Trojan hats and tank tops.



The highlight was the Trojan Woman contest, which, surprise! turned into the Screaming Orgasm contest once the girls got on stage. The first 4 girls had clearly not had much experience faking orgasms, but the last two turned in a star performance. See pic at left.



So some of you have been anxiously awaiting the revelation of last night's Mystery Star. Although I had never before heard the name Paul Wall, I got my picture taken with him (in all of his Grill Glory) and got to sit in the elevated VIP section during the concert. See picture below.

So tonight is supposed to be some "competitive barhopping" with our ad agency gal to see what kind of "premiums" (read: tank tops and titty beads) the other companies are handing out. The saddest part of this whole affair is that among the other big sponsors are the Army, the Marine Corps, and the National Guard. Today the Army folks staged a parachute drop of like 8 soldiers onto the beach.

And speaking of the beach, look what I stumbled upon right in the midst of it all!

These Spring BrEvangelists come down and make a Jesus Sand Sculpture every morning (this is the very same mound of sand atop which yesterday's butt shot was taken) and drive drunk kids around for free until 4 a.m. And they have an all-you-can-eat pancake breakfast at the Baptist church right next to my hotel! Tempting...

And just in case you forgot that I'm in Texas, here's a little reminder:

Love, GTG

No comments: