Thursday, March 20, 2008

What's Going on With R. Kelly?



After several weeks with no news from Kels and more than one reader asking me, "Seriously, Go-To Girl, what's going on with R. Kelly?" I went out digging in the internets to find out what's going on with my pal Robert.

The good news is that the trial date has been set for May 9, according to the Chi-Town Sun Times.

The bad news is that just last week two new witnesses were added to the prosecution's witness list. All of the trial records are sealed, but I have my suspicions about who those witnesses might be:

Regina and George Daniels, Kelly's (former) friends and PR managers whose young (but, notably, not underage) daughter was involved with Kelly last year.

If I were to venture a guess, I'd say that Regina and George will testify that Kelly "crossed the line" with their daughter and as such can be assumed to have also crossed the line with the mystery girl on the sex tape. Whatevs.

That's the update from Kellyland.

No comments: